BroomJockey

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Okay, so I have to post some things because no one ever believes the stuff that I put up with. First of all, Bill Engvall said it perfect. I hate stupid people. Now, I think "hate" is a little tough but stupid people should definitely wear a sign. Then I could just avoid them altogether. I went to Wegmans yesterday and bought 3 of the eco-friendly (well not really, they're not naturally made and they are dyed) bags instead of using all those plastic bags. I will be the first to say that these plastic bags are wonderful for lining little trash cans and tying to the end of a carrot stick to wiggle and get the horses out of the barn. It works so well that I just have to pick up the stick and they run out of the barn. Another story for another day. I was at the cash register and placed the bags on the "register escalator" for lack of a better word. The cashier rang them up and then set them behind her. She then proceeded to place all my groceries in the plastic bags. I decided to see how stupid this person was willing to be. She went to put the groceries in my cart and said "Oh, did you want to use these bags?" Of course, my response was "No, I bought them to ride around in my truck with me". She said "Oh, okay. Do you want them in a plastic bag?" I actually stopped and stared at her for a good 5 seconds before responding "that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?" She kind of laughed and put the bags on top of my groceries where I transferred them to my truck and have been riding around with them.

I like to buy organic fruits and vegetables any chance I get. You can taste the difference and I don't care what anyone says about it. I will argue with anyone about this issue. I cannot even open up a bag of regular salad let alone eat it. The chemical smell on that stuff is horrible. And every time I eat it, my legs swell up. You can't tell me there's not something wrong with this. So I was pleasantly surprised when I found organic Granny Smith apples at Tops this week. And then you can imagine my disappointment when I went to eat one, only to find out that some stupid person slathered these apples with some kind of wax. Can't get it off the apple so that I can eat it and really didn't you just defeat the purpose of the "organic"? I have been arguing with my Wegmans produce people because I feel that the organic veggies should not be butted up against the chemical sprayed vegetables but I can't get through to them either.

Okay, I feel better now but I'm sure I'll find something else to vent about later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home