BroomJockey

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So this morning I went to take care of the horses and my black and white mini Chip decided to sneak under the ropes that I put up to make my life easier and wander down the laneway. Oh Horse Crap was what I said! Or something kind of similar. So Chip wanders down the laneway and gets himself some grass and then decides to turn around and run back, duck under the rope, keeps going and ducks under the other rope and out into the front of the barn. Then he heads over to the old garages and to the other side of the big horses paddock. I believe he stuck his tongue out and said "na na na na boo boo" to the other horses. He came back as I was walking out of the barn with the grain bucket, ducked under the ropes and stood at the gate as if to say "okay I'm done now, put me back". So I did. My sisters mini Bill did this last week to us. Bill decided to walk under the electric wire (no I didn't have the fencer on so it was my fault) and headed down the laneway. It was dark out and he came running up the laneway to Ed who was getting ready to fill his drawers. He thought it was a bear. Bill ran past him and ran over to the gates and waited there until I came out and brought him into his bedroom in the barn. I believe we have a few cases of premature spring fever. Sometimes I think I'd be better off raising Hermit Crabs. But I'd probably get one of those things to misbehave also.

So then I was driving home and noticed that the Dodge dealer had a brand new truck in the lot that is set up just like I like them. I appreciate a truck. Just a truck. Not an extended passenger vehicle that you can't park to save your life. Regular cab, 8 foot bed, I'm happy. This truck was 4 wheel drive which I don't need but would like sometimes. It was in my favorite color dark blue. It was a 3/4 ton with the 5.7 Hemi engine (smaller than the engine I have in my truck now). It was a piece of junk. They wanted 38,000 dollars and there wasn't even any carpet in the thing. The seats were plastic/vinyl and the underneath of the truck was already rusted out. You couldn't miss it because I almost couldn't get in the thing it was so tall. Of course it didn't help that I had my winter barn boots on and they slipped on the plastic floor and I almost went ass over tea kettle out of the truck. So I sat in it for 30 seconds, jumped out and left some manure on the floor as kind of a calling card or a review of the 2009 pickup trucks. I can't imagine how much one with carpeting would cost. Geez. I'll keep my old truck. Maybe I'll just wash it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home