BroomJockey

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm back. I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Well, I can't say that. I made it back to Stagecoach West with my BFF of over 30 years. Brunna and I have been friends since we were 12 years old. Kind of cool to still have a friend after everything life has thrown at us. Someday, I have a feeling that it will be down to a bunch of us wrinkly old ladies with our menagerie of animals sharing a house and barn and playing the "remember when" game. And I'm sure one of us won't remember any of it. There will only be fix it men around because we either chased all the other men off or we outlived them. So I traded the girth in for the biggest western girth they make without heading into the draft division and it is still too small for my big ox but it's better than the last one.

When I did log onto the computer this weekend, I checked on Bob's progress and the e-mails from his mother say the same thing. He's holding on. He's in good spirits considering all the broken bones and head trauma but he's healing. He has a very long road ahead of him. The horses are doing very well considering what they went through. And Bob's dog is missing him terribly but she's okay too. I read through 9 or 10 PAGES of well wishers that have either met him on the road, known him for a long time or just read about what happened on the news. I think this is awesome!!! The power of the internet!! You wouldn't DARE not get better with all the prayers on this thing.

On the Austrailian blog that I read, I posted about the Clydesdale that was untouched by the fire's. He has been rescued and moved to a field where there is green grass and a white horse for him to be a buddy with. Keith found the horse and who rescued it on a message board and was sent pictures. The big guy seems pretty happy with his new homestead. Go figure, right? Yeah Clyde!!!

My miniature horse Chip walked under the ropes again today. My fear is that mutiny is ahoof. If the other mini's figure out what he's doing, they will follow. The little snot walks right over, shoves his head under the bottom rope and WaLa! He's out! Then he stands there looking at me as if to say "yeah, what you gonna do about it?" I've got news for you, you 35 inch monster, I will figure out something! If you'd like, I will put the fence tape back up and charge it. Then go ahead and stick your silly head on it to push it out of the way, I dare you!! This is painful, I should know as I walked into it once when being too lazy to take the top wire down. Yep, turned around to walk out of the gate and ZAP!!! Right in the forehead. Might explain all the brain damage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home